RAW FOOD BUDDIES
Giving and Receiving Support While on The Raw Food Weight Loss Diet
It is so helpful to have some raw food buddies you can count on for support when on a raw food weight loss diet. Why? Because we need each other for all kinds of reasons, and it is okay to ask for help when you need it!
If the raw food diet is something new in your life, you may be going through a lot of change, not only in how you are eating, but within yourself, and that is not always easy. It helps to have a supportive ear to listen when you need to talk about how you are feeling. Or a shoulder to cry on if you are processing emotions that are being released. Or a hug just to remind you that you are cared about.
On the other hand, starting a raw food diet can also be a very exciting time, and it can be fun to have some raw food buddies to share your new experiences with. I love going to raw food potlucks and sharing food and recipe ideas with other raw foodists. I find it fascinating to learn about how other raw foodists live, what they eat, what interesting things they are learning about, and perhaps what health practices they are following that work well for them.
When I first started the raw food diet, I was all on my own and found I had a lot of questions about what some of these odd ingredients were and how to make these new foods and just what to eat every day. It was only one month into my raw food weight loss journey that I met another raw foodist, David. I peppered him with all kinds of questions and he was a really good sport about it.
Together, we went to my first raw food potluck on the beach, and it was a blast! He was incredibly supportive to me and we had so much fun being raw food buddies to each other: making raw food, going on raw picnics, going shopping at the organic farm, and even flying to New York for a Raw Food Festival!
Come to find out, we had so much more in common than just raw foods, and we subsequently shared quite a romantic adventure together. We have now been married close to 10 years and we're still having great fun being raw food buddies and supporting one another! This is the LIFE!
How to Ask For Support
- You can explain that you are following a raw food diet, or keep it to yourself and just ask for general personal or emotional support.
- If you do wish to share what you are doing with another, ask for their understanding and acceptance for your choice, even if it is different from their chosen way of eating.
- Speak up and ask for what you need when you want some help.
- Ask for support with your food: please help me shop for food, help me make my food, can I keep my raw food separate from non-raw food in the cupboard and fridge?
- Ask for emotional support: Will you please be there to listen, or talk through things with me, or could you give me a hug?
- Ask for your raw food buddies to give you encouragement and be your cheerleaders. Raw! Raw! Raw!
- Ask for friendship, kindness, someone to show they care about you.
- Ask for guidance from someone who knows the raw food ropes.
- Ask for information and learn from other raw foodists.
Who to Ask For Support
- Number one, support yourself with self-love and self-empowerment.
- Ask your spouse or partner.
- Ask your parents.
- Ask your children.
- Ask your like-minded friends.
- Ask other raw foodists you know.
- Meet new raw food buddies.
- Talk to people at raw food restaurants.
- Enlist the help of a caring coach.
- Gain the support of a therapist or counselor.
- Explore the helpfulness of a qualified hypnotherapist.
How to Support Other Raw Foodists
- Be understanding.
- Express your acceptance of them and their lifestyle.
- Take an interest in what they are doing.
- Send them good raw food articles or recipes you come across.
- Join them in a raw-food related activity: shopping, potlucks, etc.
- Have raw food meals together.
- Give them encouragement. You can do it! Keep it up! Go for it! Good job!
- Share positive feedback with them. You're looking fantastic!
- Listen when they need a friend to talk to.
- Show them that you care.
- Give them advice, information, guidance if they would like that.
- Ask them what you can do to help them.
Go from Raw Food Buddies to Raw Food Weight Loss Guide (Home)
Liked something you read? Share it with someone!
This website was easy to build with Solo Build It. You can do it, too!